Requisition ID: req5044
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education, health and protection services.
If you are Tanzanian, with excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for the following position:
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures by using tools V1 to V29, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Establish filling for each vehicle and filling for each driver where all copies of relevant documents will be kept as per IRC Fleet management manual.
- Manage and be accountable for the vehicle fleet, ordering and inventory management of all vehicle related tools and consumables, including fuel.
- Evaluate, manage and monitor drivers.
- Supervision of IRC garage/contracted garages and general management of vehicle spare parts being replaced.
- Initiator (Operator) for all purchases in Transport department. Raising PRs for vehicles fuel, spare parts, vehicle repairs and vehicle rentals.
- Manage the vehicle pool by weekly movement planning; ensure every Thursday’s vehicle requests are received from all program and non-program staff for the following week.
- Follow up with Kibondo SC every Thursday for Kibondo Weekly Fleet plan for purpose of being aware of movement that will require support of Kasulu Fleet Officer
- Ensure coordination of vehicles movement between field sites of Kigoma and Kibondo that are passing through Kasulu.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of IRC vehicles and generators.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles log books are accurately filled
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on transport department and discuss with Senior Supply Chain Manager
- Signing on vehicle fuel forms for refueling and keeping accurate record and monitoring system on fuel consumption.
- Work with the Senior Supply Chain Manager to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Follow up to ensure that all vehicles are secure when not in use.
- Solicit quotes from suppliers in Kasulu, prepare bids and work with Procurement Supervisor and procurement Committee in Kasulu on vendor selection. Ensure that purchases comply with IRC Global procurement policies and procedures.
- Conduct procurement through established, ad-hoc, authorized and contracted suppliers for IRC within Kasulu district and Kigoma region.
- With assistance of Procurement Supervisor, provide technical advice for Programs on raising PRs, track all PRs and PO’s. Submit PR tracking report any time as required.
- In collaboration with Procurement Supervisor, liaise with the country office logistics team on follow up of outstanding POs and PRs raised for Kasulu office.
- In collaboration with Logistics Officer Conduct regular market surveys, update the price list on quarterly basis, share with programs for procurement preparations.
- Assist Programs on preparing small medium contracts during the absence of the Logistics Officer where applicable. Participate in preparing major construction, service, and goods contracts.
- Responsible for entering procurement data in BvA; create all reports available.
- In collaboration with the storekeeper, ensures all materials/assets purchased are recorded accurately as coded in the PR and as priced on the PO/invoice.
- Ensure the asset register is maintained and updated regularly
- Reports immediately any security incidence involving any IRC operations.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Field Coordinator and or Country Director.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (TZ and World-wide) as per the IRC TZ reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree in Transport Management (BLTM), supply chain or relevant qualifications from any recognized University College
- At least 3 years working experience in managing Supply Chain processes and information flows.
- Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Experience in using any transport systems is preferred.
- Certificate in auto mechanics with experience in managing a motor vehicle garage is an added advantage.
- Problem solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
- Respectful, accountable and honest.
Beware of Conmen: BrighterMonday does not receive money for a job or any other opportunity. If you do note such activity please report through +255 677 043 467
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.