- Marketing and Enrollment - Teach farmers about OAF products and services and enroll them into our program.
- Training -Throughout the season, deliver training on best farming practices to group leaders and farmers.
- Monitoring-Monitor crop progress on our clients’ field throughout the season to maximize farmer’s harvests and impact.
- Collect farmers’ loan repayments throughout the season.
- Stakeholders engagement-Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders e.g government partners during planning and implementation of programmatic activities.
- Customer services- as a first line of contact between OAF and farmers you will be responsible to offer top-notch customer service to farmers at all times.
- Reporting-Be able to track and report in real time key performance indicators to your manager.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in relevant field (Agriculture, Community Development, Business management, Development Studies etc) from a recognized university.
- One or two years of progressive work experience. Experience working with farmers in rural communities will be an added advantage.
- Applicant must be from Mbeya rural, either born there or must have lived there for quite some time.
- Languages: Fluent in Swahili and a local language from Mbeya rural. Ability to speak and understand any of the local languages from Mbeya rural will be an added advantage and will be tested during the interview)
Other required Attributes:
- Long-term passion for sustainable agriculture development in Tanzania.
- Results oriented with the ability to handle a heavy workload.
- Ability to serve farmers and work with all levels of staff with humility.
- Clear and excellent communication skills and believe in hardworking and integrity value.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
This role will require you to live in a village in Mbeya rural, with constant travel on a motorbike to carry out field visits.
How To APPLY - Copy and paste this link to a new tab - https://grnh.se/d1e6b6491
Preferred Start Date - As soon as possible
Compensation - Commensurate with experience.
Benefits - Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates - No; must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.