FORUMCC is seeking to hire a consultant, team of consultants or firm to conduct a study and prepare a paper on Identification of Tanzania Policy Options in Implementation of the Paris Agreement and NDC under Industrialization Journey. Thus,
FORUMCC invites applications from qualified consultants to submit their
application to conduct this assignment. The consultants will work under
the direct supervision of the FORUMCC’s Secretariat.
Objectives of the Assignment:
The main objective of the assignment is to equip civil society with
evidence to advocate for best options to achieve both - the
industrialization objective and NDC targets in order to realize
- Providing timely analysis and inputs to the Governments proposals to
the UNFCCC negotiations and related processes, on provisions of the
Paris Agreement, including the design of effective common accounting
guidance, transparency & accountability, modalities for reporting
and verification, and a mechanism to facilitate implementation and
- Cascade policy conversations/dialogues down to the lowest level, and
also helping to shape the inputs and contributions from the grassroots
through the bottom up approach that the Alliance espouses in its
evidence based advocacy.
Key Tasks of the Assignment:
The consultant team, with support from the FORUMCC secretariat, will work together to:
- Design a framework of analysis;
- Carry out analysis, answer the above questions and identify Tanzania
policy options and recommendations in the implementation of the Paris
Agreement and NDCs in a view fostering industrialization;
- Prepare a preliminary report and present during stakeholders’ consultation workshop for inputs;
- Conduct stakeholders consultation session;
- Incorporate stakeholders inputs and finalize the tool including sharing the draft to FORUMCC for comments and feedback; and
- Produce and present final report and tool in soft and hard copies to FORUMCC.
- Work plan for the assignment;
- Proposed methodological approach;
- Final report;
- Synthesized final tool (Both hard and soft copies).
Qualifications and Experience Required:
The proposed team members should have at least the below qualifications:
- Post-university degree in relevant field for the lead consultant and
in case of a team (Climate Change specialist or climate change
- Proven track record of conducting studies relevant the assignment;
- Excellent research skills including proficiency in qualitative data analysis packages;
- Excellent reporting and good interpersonal skills;
- Proven records of commitments to deadline and quality work; and
- Clear understanding of climate finance concepts will be an added advantage.
Interested consultants should submit the following:
- Application/Cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Three copies of samples of similar work by the applicant;
- Technical proposal presenting the workplan and methodology in line
with the ToRs, proposing team and their qualifications and suggesting
the structure of the final report;
- Total budget inclusive of all costs except transport during the field work.
Interested individuals, teams and firms should submit their
application directly to the address or email provided below and not
using any ‘job listing sites’ to respond. The letter or email should be
clearly marked “NDCs and Industrialization in Tanzania” as a title or subject.
Submissions should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 75370, Dar es Salaam
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for application is strictly by end of the day on 20th July 2018.
For more information, click the link: