Product Innovations drives One Acre Fund towards growth by trialing agricultural products, non-agricultural products, and trainings with the potential to solve the fundamental challenges that Tanzanian farmers face. In this role, you will work with Product Innovations (PI) leadership as a technical leader in product development and evaluation. You will evaluate products and trainings to provide recommendations to the execution team to reduce product risks. You will also identify and field test new products with compelling impact potential. We ask that you spent at least 20% time observing and supervising field activities with the remaining time spent planning, calendaring, drafting surveys, and preparing reports or recommendations. This role will report to the Product Innovations Lead.
In this role, you will:
- Lead product development with moderate support. You will:
- Coordinate product demonstration days
- Field test farmer facing training and materials before their delivery in the field
- Assess farmer response to products and recommend marketing adjustments
- Lead product recommendations with moderate support. You will:
- Draft professional analytical reports quickly (4-8 hours) with a focus on applicable recommendations and few grammatical/spelling errors.
- Design product behavior change and adoption campaigns.
- Lead product evaluation with moderate support. You will:
- Draft field surveys to test product assumptions and measure product impact
- Maintain product databases that outline qualitative and quantitive product information
In your first year, you will:
- Identify and recommend the preferred brand and specifications of tin roofing sheets to trial
- Determine whether One Acre Fund should distribute pine seedlings or pine seed kits to its clients.
- Identify and recommend 1-2 products or strategies that improve soil organic matter content.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentor-ship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Graduate of 4-year University (mandatory); Graduate degree (preferred)
- Personal or professional experience with agronomy or rural livelihoods (preferred)
- 3+ years experience working on project management (mandatory)
- Experience mentoring others
- Comfort and sensitivity working in a multicultural environment
- Fluent Business Conversational English
Beware of Fraud: Employers advertising their positions on the BrighterMonday platform are not supposed to receive payment from job seekers. If an Employer asks you to pay during the application process, please report it to us through this number +255 677 043 467