Terms of Reference
Name of assignment: Monitoring and Evaluation Training
Project: Income and Employment for Women and Youth in the Dairy North East Tanzania. (IEWY)
Geographical focus: Hai-Kilimanjaro.
Number of Days: 10
Proposed start date 28.01.2019
Proposed end date 08.02.2019
Open to Individual Registered Consultant.
Background and Rationale
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. SNV focuses on achieving impact in three sectors: Agriculture; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; and Renewable Energy.
The “Income and Employment for Women and Youth Project (IEWY)” is an initiative implemented by SNV Tanzania together with partners and key stakeholders in N-E Tanzania. It has a strong focus on women and youth empowerment in the dairy subsector. The overall aim of IEWY is to improve the livelihoods of rural households in northeast Tanzania through formalization and commercialization of the dairy industry, to boost incomes & employment particularly for women and youth. The project objective is to increase incomes and employment for 18,500 women and youth in the dairy value chain in rural households in Hai and Siha districts.
- Improving production and productivity of smallholder dairy farmers;
- Increasing the amount of, and control over, income earned by women from dairy activities;
- Enterprise and employment creation for young people;
- Developing viable producer organizations with improved services, and,
- Increasing knowledge sharing, stakeholders’ dialogue, and learning to influence an enabling environment for equitable and inclusive smallholder dairy development.
The SNV dairy project is funded by Comic Relief and implemented by a consortium led by SNV Tanzania in partnership with 3 other implementing partners: i) Capacity Building for Organisations CABO (ii) Match Markers Associates Ltd MMA and (iii) the newly formed Kilimanjaro Dairy Cooperatives Joint Enterprise KDCJE Ltd.
Objectives of the assignment;
The main objective of the training is to equip project partner’s and cooperatives/producer group and youth enterprise leaders with skills, knowledge and attitude necessary for effective and systematic monitoring and evaluation of the Dairy project activities and results using various technics.
3. Scope of work
Key Activity 1: Development of Training materials
The assignment is expected to start with the development of an overall training materials outlining key M&E skills and knowledge areas. Specifically the consultant will undertake the following activities;
Review the existing project M&E materials and data collection tools.
Propose and develop comprehensive training materials (and tools) relevant for monitoring and evaluation of project activities and results
Obtain and integrate comments from SNV project team
Output: Training materials and data collection tools reviewed and approved by SNV.
Key Activity 2: Conduct trainings session with project partners staff, cooperatives and youth enterprises leaders and prepare training report
After approval of the materials and tools, the consultant will proceed to train partners, cooperatives
and youth enterprise leaders on the basic M&E skills & knowledge and data collection tools.
Output: Training report reviewed and approved by SNV.
Qualifications required include:
- Proven theoretical background (education, training) on qualitative and quantitative M&E
- Proven track record in conducting Monitoring & Evaluation trainings
- Strong interpersonal skills; result oriented, creative, flexible and gender sensitive
- Excellent communication skills (English and Kiswahili)
- Excellent report writing skills
5. Evaluation Criteria:
- Consultant experience in previous similar assignment. Score = 30
- Understanding of the ToR, Methodology, work plan and the overall quality of the proposal. Score = 40
- Qualification of the Consultant. Score = 20
- A sample of previous work in the mentioned areas Completed within the last 12 month. Score = 10
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.