Maternity Africa is a local nonprofit organization in Tanzania, devoted to helping make child birth safe and treating obstetrical fistulas. We support local communities, provide information to keep mothers and babies healthy, as well as excellent medical care and training to ensure safer deliveries.
We are looking to appoint skilled, experienced and highly motivated individuals to be part of a wonderful team of dedicated and caring staff whom together will create a safe and clinical excellence Maternity Centre. If you want to work in a dynamic and fulfilling team environment, then this job is for you! We offer continual learning supported by dedicated nurse educators who assist in the provision of training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping the theatre clean and all autoclaving done.
- Scrub and assist surgeons
- Ensure patient safety and maintain a high standard of nursing care
- Re-stock equipment/supplies as needed
- Clean surgical instruments
- Maintain sterility in the theatre, recovery room, autoclave room etc
- Circulate during operations
- Document nursing care and patient condition in appropriate documents
- Documentation both in the theatre and in the recovery area
- Understand the proper use of all equipment used in the theatre and the recovery room (Diathermy, pulse Oximeter, suction machine, light source, theatre beds, defibrillator and autoclave.)
- Ensure safety of equipment during use, as well as when moving it from one unit to another.
- Oversee care for patients as they wake from surgery
- Perform any other duties related to the role as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum Diploma in Nursing or Midwifery or Pre-Nursing Certificate.
- Experience working in theatre preferred
- Be a safe practitioner
- Have the right attitude, willingness to learn.
- Be an effective Communicator