Introduction of Our Company:
Business Trust (T) Ltd is a Private Company dealing with customs clearance and Transportation Logistics.
We are on the lookout appointment of a Transport Manager in our Dar Es Salaam Office who are responsible for Managing the execution, direction, and co-ordination of all transportation matters within the organisation. This includes managing budgets, organising schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.Tanzania.
Duties and responsibilities.
- They are responsible for Managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation.
- Managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
- To supervise personnel in daily work activities including scheduling, assigning work and assessing job completion, and monitoring leaves and absences and report it to administration department.
- Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities.
- Oversee daily activities of delivery team and provide direction and guidance as needed.
- Train, motivate, coach, and mentor shipping clerks and transport drivers.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
- Tracking orders using functional systems (e.g. bar codes and tracking software).
- Provides direction to all technician levels in the maintenance shop to the work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders/to find out cargo return for our Trucks and reconcile to Head of Department while issuing the quotations/rate.
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
- Prepare the timetable for the motor vehicle, plants services and maintenance.
- To monitor purchase of spares fit for the purpose to ensure efficient use of time, materials, equipment and estimate time required to complete repairs.
- To make sure that time frame are well arranged to avoid unnecessary delay.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualification and Experience required:
- At least 2 years’ experience of transportation in Logistics Company
- Experience preparing and tracking orders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to supervise and train staff.
- Problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of customer care services.
- Should be a Male Candidate below 30 Years of Age, smart, pleasant & able to manage good spoken , written English & Local Language .
- Computer Literacy (Ms Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint will be added advantage
· Organisational skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Communication skills
· Enthusiasm for learning
Application: Send Curriculum Vitae (CV) and other academic Certificates.
To apply for this exciting and rewarding opportunity, please forward your resume through Brighter Monday Tanzania.