AUMS is a global leader in providing a full suite of underground mining contract services to the African Mining Industry. We are looking for highly motivated individuals for our Geita Gold Mine Contract in Geita in the role of Underground Diamond Drill Offsider.
To provide working support to the Diamond Driller in all aspects in the day to day operation of the drill rig, through the provision of manual tasks inclusive of monitoring & adherence to safety procedures, break down & setup of drill rigs, packing & presentation of core for delivery to client and any further tasks necessary.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- Works to instruction as provided by Diamond Driller and Supervisor.
- Must Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- At the end of shift ensure site is left clean and tidy state, with rigs & equipment greased accordingly, tools & vehicles cleaned, core trays stacked ready for delivery to client, and all consumable lists gathered up ready for next shift to commence..
- Ability to organise and establish priorities, following up on outstanding tasks and closing out any completed works/task where necessary.
- Must be physically fit with the capability of distributing heavy drill equipment, such as drill rods.
- Must be able to follow instruction at all time.
- A background in heavy industry where heavy manual work was required
- First Aid Certificate.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
- Reading and Writing Skills
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.