AUMS is a global leader in providing a full suite of underground mining contract services to the African Mining Industry. We are looking for highly motivated individuals for our Geita Gold Mine Contract in Geita in the role of Underground Diamond Driller.
To ensure the safe and efficient operation of drill rigs in the day to day operations, through the provision of manual tasks inclusive of monitoring & adherence to safety procedures, break down & setup of drill rigs, packing & presentation of core for delivery to client and any further tasks necessary.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE
- Guiding employees on best work practice by ensuring safe work processes are Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- At the start of shifts, meet with supervisors & cross shift to discuss tasks that are required to be completed during the shift, noting any equipment that may be need for the tasks to be performed, including any and all PPE necessary.
- Provide guidance and training to allocated Offsider(s).
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Must Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- A minimum of 12 months underground drilling experience.
- Working knowledge of drill rig performance and capabilities, including functions of controls, gauges, warning lamps and emergency procedures.
- Ability to operate drill rigs safely and understanding all drill rig safety features (inclusive of any industry safety legislation.)
- Ability to organise and establish priorities, following up on outstanding tasks and closing out any completed works/task where necessary.
- Must be physically fit with the capability of distributing heavy drill equipment, such as drill rods.First Aid Certificate.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
- Completed secondary school
- Reading and Writing Skills
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.