African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Mali, Burkina Faso) Established in 2007, we have spent over 11 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client's expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
AUMS is a joint venture of recently merged Australian Mining Contractors Barminco Ltd and Ausdrill Ltd making the business the second largest Mining Services provider in Australia.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. We look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
- Geita Gold Mine, Geita
- This position is responsible for Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical and electrical systems, breakdown repairs and servicing of heavy mining equipment as guided by your immediate supervisor and trainer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Ensures that all tools are serviceable and safe.
- Must Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
- Liaises with the underground shift supervisor to: Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner & Advise when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service.
- Carries out schedule servicing to mobile equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with the service sheet.
- Utilise skill and experience to create minimum downtime on machinery.
- Ensure correct recording of maintenance is achieved.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping in workshop and working areas at all times, ensure all parts are kept at minimum stock levels.
- Read and interpret Service and Spare parts manuals.
- Report all equipment faults to the Maintenance Supervisor / Foreman for scheduling into the workshop.
- Ensure site and maintenance procedures are maintained.
- Previous experience working within the UG mining industry essential.
- Strong background working with underground mobile mining equipment, including makes such as Caterpillar, Normet,Sandvik,Mercedes, Toyota, RCT and Volvo.
- At least 2 years post apprenticeship experience.
- High degree of skill in troubleshooting problems on mining equipment.
- Good knowledge of loader and truck maintenance.
- Competent on Auto Electrics, Hydraulic Circuits and Diesel engine maintenance.
- Excellent service and maintenance approach to the job.
- Willingness to learn to improve skills and gain further experience on mobile equipment.
- Tanzanian Heavy Vehicle Class Drivers Licence.
- Basic first aid knowledge
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Completion of secondary school
Basic numeracy and verbal/written English
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.