experience and well qualified Tanzanian candidate who is capable of embracing and driving change in BUWASA to fill the following vacant post
BUWASA is an autonomous entity which is responsible for supplying of clean and safe water as well as provision of sanitation services for Bukoba Municipality. The Authority is looking for competent, dynamic, energetic, committed, experience and well qualified Tanzanian candidate who is capable of embracing and driving change in BUWASA to fill the following vacant posts.
1.0 JOB TITLE: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (1 POST)
2.0 APPOINTING AUTHORITY : BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
3.0 REPORTS TO BOARD OF DIRECTORS: TECHNICAL MANAGER
4.0 IMMEDIATE SUBORDINATES: ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, LAB & IT TECHNICIANS.
5.0 REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Degree in Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering from recognized Institution with 3 years working experience in Electrical plants and machineries, demonstrate PC/software skills including working knowledge of Office and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and SCADA systems for plant control, Strong technical and operations experience in MCC, VFD and soft starters. Must possess the ability to read, comprehend and apply information found in operating and equipment manuals, be able to read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges, readouts and variation in colors.
6.0 JOB DESCRIPTION.
1. To ensure that water pumps and electrical switchgear/machines maintenance is carried out according to schedule.
2. To ensure that spares for repair and maintenances of pumps and electric motors/switchgear are always available.
3. Examine and test electrical power distribution machinery and equipment using testing devices.
4. Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
5. Supervision of proper production, treatment and distribution of suitable quality and quantity of water from various sources.
6. Carry out any other duty as may be directed by the Technical Manager .