a financial manager may be responsible for the collection and preparation of accounts.
Position: Finance Manager
Full Time Position
Location: Dar es Salaam
The roles of financial managers can vary enormously. In our company the role is more concerned with strategic analysis; a financial manager may be responsible for the collection and preparation of accounts.
In general, tasks across roles may include:
- Providing and interpreting financial information;
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends;
- Analysing change and advising accordingly;
- Formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance;
- Analysing competitors and market trends;
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk;
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Managing a company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue;
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Managing budgets;
- Arranging new sources of finance for a company's debt facilities;
- Supervising staff;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Eligible candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
· CPA required; MBA preferred
· Minimum of 5 years experience
· Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
· Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and Power Point required; familiarity with PASTEL required, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
· Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
· Excellent analytical and management skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to mentor and coach the finance team
· Experience and understanding of not-to-profit accounts
The salary and other benefits are open for discussion, that it’s negotiable.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE:
The mode of application is through online application, If you meet the above criteria send your application letter explaining why you think you are a suitable candidate with a copy of your CV and certificates to please apply through the apply button.