The Bible Society of Tanzania is a Non-Governmental not for profit interconfessional religious organization registered under the Societies Act of 1970
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Bible Society of Tanzania is a Non-Governmental, not for profit interconfessional religious organization registered under the Societies Act of 1970.
The mission of the society is to make available and encourage the use of Holy Scriptures to every person in a language each can understand; and in an appropriate format at a price they can afford. In fulfilling this mission the Society works in partnership with the Church and other Stakeholders. The Society has its head office in Dodoma and zonal offices in Mwanza(lake Zone), Moshi(North Zone), Mbeya(Southern Highlands Zone), Dar-Es-salaam(East Zone) and Dodoma (Central Zone). It is currently looking for a highly resourceful, flexible, innovative and enthusiastic Christian, with proven
Knowledgein administration and management to fill the vacant position of:
GENERAL SECRETARY 1 POST.
The General Secretary is the Chief- Executive Officer of the Bible Society of Tanzania.
He/She will be responsible for provision of leadership in the whole administration in accordance with the constitution and by-laws, giving guidance to the whole organization to enable it achieve its vision, mission and objectives of the strategic plan, chiefly efficient and effective distribution of Scriptures in Tanzania.
The candidate should possess a deep personal commitment to the Bible cause. It is not necessary for him/her to be an ordained minister but should:
• be respected by all the churches as a sincere, trustworthy and faithful servant of God.
• have a deep commitment to share the Scriptures with others
• have a vision for taking the Word to all parts of the country, and, in the wider context of the UBS fellowship, to the ends of the earth.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Shall include but not limlted.to:
· To interpret and plan implementation of Bible Society's Vision and Mission
· To administer staff and provide moral guidance for their development and effectiveness
· To ensure efficient and effective management of all financial and non-financial resources of the society
· To formulate and recommend policies and plans to Bible society for achievement of society's vision and mission
· To develop procedures and systems of operations to the organization to ensure that the Bible society meets its objectives
· To keep the Trustees abreast of Bible society's affairs
· To develop and periodically review the organizational structure to ensure smooth executive coordination and efficient management
· To provide liaison between the Bible Society constituency members and donors
· To respond appropriately to Bible Society of Tanzania's external opportunities
· To maintain good relationship with internal and external partners
· To represent the Bible Society of Tanzania in international and national fora
· To ensure that Financial Audits are timely prepared
· To act as Secretary to the Board of Directors'
· To carry out other duties which may be required by the Trustees and Board of Directors.
Minimum Qualifications and experience,
· A degree in Theology or Pastoral Ministry or Social Sciences LLB or Business Administration. A Masters or PhD is an added advantage.
· At least five years senior management experience, with good general understanding of leading multi-cultural
· Awareness of Church and Christian organisations arid their needs
· Understanding of business dynamics and basic economics, among others.
· Must be literate in Computer.
· Minimum Age: 45 years
· Good written and verbal communication in English.