Starting date: As soon as possible
The position of the machine technician entails maintaining and servicing specialized production equipment by to ensure efficiency in the production process.
Main duties and responsibilities;
· Assist in set up or selection of specialized equipment
· Performs wide variety of troubleshooting to identify problems along the production line
· Perform machine set-up and calibration
· Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance.
· Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests form senior management
· Occasionally step in as cover to supervise loading / off-loading of trucks.
· Keep work area(s) clean free of safety hazards and enforce safety rules and regulations.
Minimum knowledge, skill and experience
- Minimum of a certificate / diploma in mechanics, electronics, or related field
- Strong knowledge of machines in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to accurately read blueprints
- Committed to quality, safety and communication
- Team-oriented and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Strong verbal and written skills