The individual in this position will provide problem solving, materials laboratory testing and data analysis in support of new and existing biomedical devices and systems. This person will work under minimal supervision solving technical problems across the Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure business unit with an emphasis on polymeric materials, bio-interfaces, adhesion and adhesives, various testing (chemical, physical, and microscopic), and data analysis.
· Execute hands-on work and analysis with minimal supervision
· Provide input regarding observations and data analysis
· Support released product activities, supporting regulatory submissions
· Develop methods for testing devices, components, and materials
· Communicate results and strategies via detailed technical documents and presentations
· Participate in the analysis of technical issues and the development of recommendations for project decisions and actions.
· Participate in returned product and test failure analysis investigations
· Bachelor's degree in materials science with 10 years of relevant work experience or.
REQUIRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
· 10+ years
· Needs to be objective and relevant
· Materials Science knowledge with an emphasis on materials testing, microscopy, processing, and analysis
· Materials Science knowledge in polymers, adhesion, and adhesives
· Knowledge of MS applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Experience in a regulated industry
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· The ability to work well under pressure
· The ability to evaluate, prioritize and manage multiple activities
· The flexibility to adjust work objectives to ensure the overall goals are met
· Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to correlate material properties with product performance and predict various failure modes
MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Data Analysis