Job Category: Administration & Office Support
Secretary/Personal Assistant in Arusha.
· Fluent English speaker
· Studied secretarial course
· Diploma certificate
· Living in Arusha
· Age 18-30
- audio and copy typing;
- letter writing;
- dealing with telephone and email enquiries;
- creating and maintaining filing systems;
- scheduling and attending meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes - shorthand may be required;
- keeping diaries and arranging appointments;
- organizing travel for staff.
- using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;
- devising and maintaining office systems;
- booking rooms and conference facilities, travel tickets
- managing and maintaining budgets, as well as invoicing;
- ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment;
- organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
- photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues;
- manipulating statistical data.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Arrange conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, and other information.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Collect and disburse funds from cash accounts, and keep records of collections and disbursements.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Coordinate conferences and meetings.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Prepare and mail checks.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement and account information.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.