The World Bank, the leading multi-lateral
institution in global economic development, is seeking to hire a seasoned and
highly energized professional to work as Senior Executive Assistant in the
Office of the Country Director for Tanzania, Malawi, Burundi and Somalia
(AFCE1) based in Oar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Senior Executive Assistant
reports directly to the Country Director (CD), and is an essential member of
the fast-paced and busy Country Office (CO). The incumbent is responsible for
providing the full range of support to the CD and the Country Management Unit
(CMU), with the highest level of professionalism, diplomacy, tact and
The responsibilities will include:
1) Managing the CD's Office - -Manages the CD's schedule; organizes and coordinates relevant briefing or background material for meetings. Screens and prioritizes incoming correspondence and messages to the CD. Handles sensitive and confidential information. -initiates and coordinates all aspects of the CD's travel schedule.
2) Representation and Liaison- -Provide guidance, leadership and direction within the CMU to facilitate a changing work environment and a strong communication flow among virtual teams. Coordinate with the other Executive Assistants in the CMU and Washington based staff on a regular basis, assuring smooth functioning of the CO Front
3) Leadership of the Administrative Client Support (ACS) staff - -Assume responsibility for the overall quality of delivery, organization and coordination of office administrative support work. -Act as a role model, promoting collaboration, quality work and development of team members. Plays a significant leadership role with respect to all issues related to ACS staff in the CMU.
4) Country Office Front Office - -Ensure effective operation of the CD's Front Office, correspondence flow and specifically Records management.
5) Support to Operations/Research - -Update tables on ongoing and pipeline operations. -Provide assistance to compiling of quarterly portfolio reports.
The successful candidate must be proficient in English, a Bachelor's degree in Business Admin or Social Sciences is an added advantage; At least 7 years of direct relevant experience.
For the full job description, competencies and selection criteria for this vacancy, qualified candidates are requested to visit and submit an electronic application at the World Bank careers site: www.worldbank.org/jobs Click on >Search Jobs and look out for job number 171041. The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Job closing date is 31st May 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Commercial Bank of Africa (Tanzania) Limited was established in 1962; offering wide spectrum of banking products and services. It promotes equal employment opportunity and provides a conducive and challenging work environment or existing and potential employees o fully realize their potential. The bank is recruiting for the following positions:
DESIGNATION: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
REPOING TO: FINANCIAL PLANNING & REPORTING MANAGER
The role's objectives are mainly on improving the quality of financial management and systems that-support the Bank's wide business objectives. Specifically to support the Financial Planning and Reporting Manager in executing his/her mandate of ensuring proper financial accounts are prepared accurately and on time; BOT returns are filed accurately and on time; taxes are correctly computed and paid on time, The role holder requires good exposure in financial & statutory reporting, bank reconciliation and tax management,
General Ledger maintenance, regular reconciliation of general ledger accounts to sub ledgers,
Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register for the business, This includes ensuring all assets are tagged, depreciation is accurate and the Asset Register ties to the General Ledger.
Resolve accounting discrepancies, this includes reviewing the unusual movements in the general ledger accounts and following up to make appropriate corrections,
Preparing monthly expense accruals, provisions and amortization journals.
Reviewing the financial data with the aim of making recommendations for more efficient operations of the bank.
Assist to produce accurate weekly and monthly returns for the Bank of Tanzania.
Timely remittance of statutory payments i.e. withholding tax, VAT, quarterly tax provisional returns etL
Participate effectively in the statutory audit processes including provision of data forthe Annual Financial Report.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
A university degree in business or equivalent.
Relevant professional qualifications in accounting.
Three to five years' experience post attainment of professional qualification, this includes five years' experience in middle to senior management role.
Experience in banking and/or other financial institutions would be added advantage,
Practical experience in use of relevant MS Office applications.
Good understanding of IFRS.
Good understanding of taxation laws.
Practical experience in use of banking software and Enterprise Resource Programs (ERPs~ SAP, Oracle: Pastel etc).