Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the following vacant positions in the refugee relief operation in Kigoma region.
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
VACANT POSITIONS AT THE TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY (TRCS)
REFUGEE RELIEF OPERATION IN KIGOMA REGION
The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established by Parliamentary Act no. 71 of 1962. The TRCS is guided by the principles of the International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and the Seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The Society is well established in all regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar and has a well-coordinated volunteer based network.
Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons with proven record of project management preferably in large humanitarian organizations working with multiple partners to fill the following vacant positions in the refugee relief operation in Kigoma region.
Team Leader – Nyarugusu Refugee Camp (1 Position) and Mtendeli Refugee Camp (1 Position)
Title of Position: Team Leader
Reporting to: Project Manager, Kigoma
Duty Station: TRCS Makere Office and Living Compound/TRCS Mtendeli Office and Living Compound
Contract Duration: 1 year, renewable
Age Limit: Not above 45 years
Salary: Attractive remuneration package
· S/he will be responsible for overseeing refugee response activities in the respective camp.
· S/he will be in charge of field operations and accounting officer of the camp operation.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· To coordinate the action plans of the sectional heads in order to achieve the desired level of efficiency in the implementation of the plans.
· To liaise with other agencies operating in the area on matters pertaining to service delivery in the operation.
· To consult with Government, UN and donor Agencies’ Field Officers in the operation.
· To represent the National Society in all official/coordination meetings with other agencies.
· To report at pre-determined intervals on all matters pertaining to the progress of the operation.
· To devise effective and realistic plans on recruitment and training of the National Society staff and volunteers engaged in the operation.
· To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by higher authorities.
· Team player with demonstrated good communication and negotiation skills.
· Demonstrated networking knowledge and skills.
· Ability to interact effectively with partners/donors, and related stakeholders.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Computer applications.
· Demonstrated knowledge and skills in report/proposal writing.
Desired Qualifications and experience:
· At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Social Science, Community Development, Health Management, or Disaster Management from a reputable University/Academic Institution.
· A minimum of three years proven experience in relief interventions in humanitarian organizations.
· A professional health background, health programs management experience, and/or previous experience/exposure in working with Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs) are an added advantage.
Mode of Application:
· Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic/birth certificates and other relevant awards.
· Applications may be submitted via Post Office or by hand delivery, but not by e-mail. The deadline for submission is Friday 20th January, 2017; not later than 16.00hrs.
· Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore, qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications delivery address is:-
The Secretary General,
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B,
Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’,
P.O Box 1133,
DAR ES SALAAM