conditions: Normal office hours and
conditions with the possibility of working after office hours and on weekends
as and when required
Bravo Logistics is one of the most dynamic, fast growing and ISO 9001:2008 Certified logistics company established in 2005. It operates a fleet of more than 70 brand new trucks. The company is in need of excellent, hands on, multi-skilled workshop supervisor. The role requires extensive technical expertise, strong supervision skills and good service and maintenance background. Candidates must be assertive and confident and must be prepared to work extra hours.
Main duties: Plan and manage the execution, direction, and coordination of all service and maintenance matter. This includes managing adhoc service schedules, organizing routine maintenance schedule, vehicle tracking & technical faults diagnosis, ensuring vehicles are safe and meet all legal requirements, and making sure that drivers and workshop staff are aware of their duties, safety rules and ISO Standards.
· Analyze current procedures and activities to identify and present opportunities for improvement of the work shop.
· Ensure that workshop is adequately staffed and equipped to achieve objectives and that technicians are aware of the procedures for using new tools and equipment
· Facilitate the orientation of new team technicians in collaboration with the workshop manager by familiarizing them with work surrounding explaining new team members understand their respective duties
· Maintain good relationship with vendors for timely supply of spare parts
· Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the service area
· Facilitate the training and development of the team member in the workshop by providing feedback and coaching to support improvement in the job performance
· Conduct performance review and appraisal for workshop personnel
· Provide advice and technical assistance to team members
· Review and inspect the quality of technician repairs before the release of the truck from workshop.
· Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented.
· Plans and adjust the workloads of dept personnel to match their skills and abilities
· Share new ideas that may contribute to improved workshop operation
· Ensure periodic maintenance is done as per maintenance schedule as per manufacturer manual
· Follow up on truck movement all the time
· Liaise with all driver on route back to establish faults o trucks at a 200kms radius and plan for maintenance schedule.
· Ensure adequate stock of all fast moving spare parts such as oil, filters etc to avoid service/ suppliers delay
· Produce daily and monthly reports on all reported technical faults of each truck and action taken/ plans in resolving the problem
· Produce trucks defect reports, check list, inspection sheet, tyre inspection sheet and maintenance sheet of all routine services as prescribed in the manufacturer’s manual
· Updating system on all information and spare parts used during the service and file hard copies in appropriate file.
· Any other duty that will be assigned by management.
· A graduate on Automobile engineering from a reputable university
· Minimum 3 years workshop supervisory experience in Logistics company
· Fluency in English and Kiswahili, both written and verbal
· Valid Tanzania driver’s license
· High skills computer knowledge
· Knowledge on ISO Certification standards will be an added advantage