P.O.BOX 181 MAZOMBE IRINGA
www.ffftanzania.com | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AGRICULTURAL MECHANIC October 15. 2020
Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF) is a private limited company established under Tanzanian law.
The company is currently engaged in commercial maize, sunflower and maize seed production. The company’s future plan is to give priority to maize seed and macadamia nut production.
The company is looking for a suitably professional and qualified “Agricultural-mechanic”. The position is based at the company’s headquarter in Ilula- Iringa, Tanzania where the 250 ha production farm is based.
FFF is built up as a unique model to end poverty, with Commercial farming and training on the same arena. We now want to build a strong team that can bring the company to commercial success and to a model for the future. www.ffftanzania.com
A bonus system with a base salary will be established for this position.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1) Working experience that documents major achievements in agricultural sector with a minimum of 3years of experience,
2) Experience from working with a private company with big equipment is mandatory
3) A person with necessary experience that can build up a good culture: responsible, committed and result oriented
4) A person that can communicate with various people/parties to enable and ensure success
5) A minimum with diploma in agricultural mechanization or any other related field.
6) A certificate/Diploma in Agriculture General is an added advantage.
· Ability to do cost-effective solution.
· Ability to use basic computer MS office programs
· Ability to operate tractors and other farm machines
· Very good written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English
· Ensuring that farm machines work and remain in good repair aiming for maximum performance of the machines.
· Maintaining and calibrating a variety of farm machinery and smaller equipment for agricultural usage.
· Dismantle and examine broken down machinery, diagnose the problem, and repair it.
· Advise management of problems and set up a plan to fix them in addition to arranging new equipment if need be.
· Calibrating machines such as planter and boom sprayer in good efficiency.
· Supervise all Good Agronomic Practices (GAP) such as land preparation, appropriate planting time male/female, right fertilizer application rate, timely weeding (spraying), disease and insect control strategies.
· Identify and build relationship with prominent business partners for the organizational growth and publicity
· To keep the organization’s documents with high level of confidentiality.
· Prepare short, medium- and long-term progress reports and present to the relevant authorities for decision making.
· Build and connect together all machine or mechanical components according to requirements.
· Ensures that all broken parts of the machine are repaired by using gas welding or steel.
· Records all machines repaired and materials used in inventory book and submit to your superior.
· Conducting daily inspection to determine vehicle deficiencies such as worn or damaged parts of the vehicle.
· Reports any major defects immediately by proper communicating to your superior.
· Update your job knowledge by participating in education opportunities and reading mechanical or technical issues.
· Make sure vehicle is performing by conducting test drives, adjusting control and systems.
· Ensure company satisfaction at all times.
· Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people who may be affected by what you do or not do.
· Performs all tasks according to Farm For the Future’s Quality, Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedures.
· Make sure that workshop is well kept, clean and everything arranged in good order.
· Maintaining all safety procedures.
· Adhere to Farm For the Future policies and Operation manuals.
· Any other duties as may be assigned
An attractive package will be given depending on qualification and experience.
Farm for the Future is an equal employer regardless of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Interested candidates should submit their CV, motivational letter including referees details, academic credentials and professional certificates to Mr. Osmund Ueland (Osmund@ffftanzania.com ) copy to Grace Kimonge (Grace@ffftanzania.com).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
If you have any query, please directly e-mail Mr. Osmund Ueland
Deadline: October 30. 2020