Reporting To: Procurement Manager
• Obtain quotes for standard stock and direct purchase
• Prepare comprehensive price adjudications for standard stock and direct purchase items.
• Prepare and issue orders/amendments for standard stock items and direct purchase items as required.
• Send purchase orders to suppliers and obtain receipt
• Expedite outstanding quotes.
• Ensure purchasing policy and procedures are adhered to.
• Ensure purchase orders and quotes are processed within the stipulated time frame.
• Clarifying purchasing requests with originators if necessary, to ensure requirements are adequately described and the correct specification are forwarded.
• Identification and implementation of business opportunities.
• Obtain savings through supplier
• Negotiations, warranties and credit facility
• Evaluate performance of all suppliers, vendors and goods delivery and make recommendations to improve processes for local purchasing process
• Review requisition for completeness and accuracy, follow up on discrepancies with the initiating department, identify available suppliers for each requisition item
• Review quality of purchased products
• Research potential Vendors
• Compare and evaluate offers from Suppliers
• Supervise all products and monitor for transport damage and return goods
• Evaluate performance of all carriers, vendors and goods delivery and make recommendations to improve processes for overseas buying process
• Expedite overdue orders to ensure timely delivery
• Obtain a delivery date to Freight Forwarder from the Supplier and recording of such on Mainpac system
• Expedite overdue orders with Suppliers and record revised delivery dates on Mainpac system
• Liaise with supplier, Freight Forwarder at country of origin as well as country of destination to ensure that all documentation required for customs issues are in order
• Obtain all documentation relevant to the container and keep on order file until container is received on site.
• Expedite container from Port of dispatch to Port of destination and record on Mainpac system
• Keep a record of all reasons for delay at Port of destination and take corrective action when required.
Relationship with Supplier and Customers
• Communicate with end users on purchase queries and provide advice where possible.
• Resolve queries from internal and external sources
• Ensure that all purchase orders and correspondence is filed correctly.
• Communicate item description, supply and specification changes to inventory department to ensure stock catalogue is correct and up to date
• Addresses problems when possible or reports to procurement In-charge and Supply Chain
• Update tacking report as and when required
• Update records in the purchasing system
• Maintain purchasing reports and prepare purchasing statistics for Month end reporting
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
• Prepare weekly & Monthly reports on purchases, including cost analysis
• Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
• Coordinate with the clearing Agent for the purchase of Overseas goods
• Review of the Invoices submitted by the clearing Agent
• Manage all documentation for overseas purchases
• Preparation of Tender evaluation
• Provide analysis on detail cost comparison
• Prepare weekly and Monthly Purchase report and submit to Procurement Incharge
• Maintain the Health and Safety Policy as applicable to your area of responsibilities
• Carries out any reasonable task or duty of similar nature as instructed by the Procurement manager
Education and Qualifications:
• Diploma in Procurement or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, or Logistics
• To be a member of the PSPTB will be added advantage
• 2 years’ experience in Procurement
• Deep understanding and professional experience with Purchasing Contracts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with an ERP/SAP is a plus
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
• Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills
Be sure ti click "Edit Application Details" before clicking "Apply Now"