To ensure success as an Auto Electrician, s/he should have extensive knowledge of modern vehicular electrical systems, have a good eye for detail, and be able to problem-solve complex electrical problems. Ultimately, a top-notch Auto Electrician can install, troubleshoot and repair any electrical system in a vehicle.
Auto Electrician Responsibilities:
- Installing new vehicle wiring systems.
- Installing and troubleshooting immobilizer and alarm systems.
- Diagnosing electrical issues and proposing a course of action.
- Repairing and replacing faulty wiring or electrical systems.
- Servicing of electrical automotive parts.
- Servicing and repairing electrical systems on vehicles.
- Maintaining a clean working environment.
- Completing job reports and submit them to the Workshop Manager
- Executing any other assigned job by the Workshop Manager
Auto Electrician Requirements:
- Diploma/FTC in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Proven 5 years of work experience as an Auto Electrician.
- Advanced knowledge of modern vehicular electrical systems.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate electrical diagnostic equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work standing or in a crouched position for long periods.
- Ability to distinguish subtle color variations.