Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania.
On behalf of our client, Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited is looking for competent and experienced Electrical Engineer that will manage the operation and administration of the maintenance department to ensure all premise structures, furnishings, and equipment are optimally functional. A hard-working, with outstanding problem-solving abilities, excellent physical stamina, and strong electrical knowledge are all important characteristics of the successful candidate we are seeking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, maintain, implement, or improv electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial or domestic purposes.
· Perform a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
· Confer with customers, engineers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering products or projects.
· Ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings or topographical maps.
· Establish construction, manufacturing or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
· Ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
· Write reports and compile data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
· Prepare specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
· Supervise / train project team members.
· Estimate material, labour, or construction costs for budget preparation.
· Maintain electrical equipment.
· Work with a variety of technicians.
· Oversee and administrate the property preventive maintenance programs to ensure consistent, reliable operation of systems and to minimize downtime and loss.
· Participate in regular inspections of the entire property.
· Monitor efficiency, consumption, and premise allocation of natural gas, electricity, and other fuel sources.
· Ensure that service and quality standards are maintained by engineering staff personnel.
· Schedule, coordinate, and inspect all office-related preventative maintenance, refurbishment, and public area projects on a regular basis.
· Assist management in determining the necessity and viability of outside contractors, and to investigate contractors and submit recommendations for final approval.
· Prepare annual departmental budget, according to the specifications set forth by the General Manager with the assistance of the Director of Finance.
· Continually monitor and control departmental expenditures to ensure meeting operational standards while maintaining annual budget and operating margins.
· Promote and comply with all policies and procedures of the organization.
· Ensure safe work practices of all maintenance staff, including compliance with company and departmental safety rules and regulations and the proper use and handling of all relevant equipment.
· Ensure departmental safety training for all new employees before they begin to work.
· Conduct regular departmental operations meetings, including monthly safety meetings which should be documented for OSHA compliance.
· Ensure proper use, storage, and labelling of all hazardous chemicals used by Maintenance employees, in accordance with state and federal regulations.
· Attend departmental meetings and participate constructively.
· Attend to any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skill
· Minimum of completed diploma or certificate in Electrical Engineering of any other related field
· Experience with electrical systems required (at least 2-3 years)
· Excellent experience with Electrical and power tools.
· Total commitment to team working.
· Familiarity with Word and Excel helpful.
· Familiar with general maintenance requirements.
· Familiar with OSHA, local Department of Health regulations, and relevant current laws governing handling of hazardous substances.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSST-ZIM-EEN Electrical Engineer”.Click here to apply: http://bit.do/QSourcingApply
or by sending their CV and accompanying letter to email@example.com with subject APPLICANT: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER.
Note: Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm, Thursday 14th May 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
Not the job you were looking for? Want to be considered for opportunities that you’re your qualifications? Please click the link below to officially register your CV on our Talent Register for consideration. http://bit.do/QSourcingCV