Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Schedule and undertake periodic maintenance on all electrical equipment, components, and installations.
2. Provide prompt response to inquiries whenever there is a breakdown, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
3. Ensure that equipment are in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities.
4. Installation of fresh electrical components and fittings.
5. Recommend replacement for old or faulty electrical components or fittings to the management.
6. Assist in forecasting requirements, creating a budget and scheduling expenses for the maintenance department.
7. Keep record of all stock and supplies, including company’s electrical equipment.
8. Working in collaboration with the Operations team to formulate the best cost-effective manufacturing process.
9. Perform energy audit and recommend alternative sources of energy.
10. Help the organization to reduce energy costs.
11. Ensure that all electrical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily.
12. Fix and maintain lighting fixtures and fittings.
13. Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and provide preventive maintenance services.
14. Learn new skills and attend training programs in order to increase knowledge of trends and best practices in the industry
15. Provide safe working environment for members of staff, and ensure electricity induced accidents and mishaps are prevented
16. Take steps to prevent fire outbreaks by making appropriate recommendations to management
17. Supervise electrical works when new projects are undertaken
18. Support the company in increasing profitability by managing resources efficiently and making necessary recommendations.
19.Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by your supervisor