Trias is a Belgian international development organisation headquartered in Brussels and supporting around 100 member-based organizations of farmers and entrepreneurs in 14 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin and Central America. Our East-Africa office, based in Arusha, is looking to recruit an ED Advisor supporting various programmes which are being implemented in Arusha & Manyara regions and on Zanzibar.
The Enterprise Development Advisor will serve as the technical lead on program design and execution in business and market systems development. The Enterprise Development Advisor’s activities will have a strong agricultural focus, including promoting and enhancing rural and urban agriculture value chains, consulting and training a broad range of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in business support services, access to finance, market development and digitalization. The ED Advisor will be based in Arusha with frequent travel to our implementation areas, work closely with the Micro-finance advisors and the Value Chain Development Advisor, and report to the Knowledge Manager.
The primary responsibilities of the ED Advisor are:
· Training staff of our partner organisations in our entrepreneurship training programmes (training of trainers) including the organization of logistics.
· Coaching / mentoring of growth-oriented entrepreneurs (especially youth and women).
· Developing new methodologies, tools and training materials to support MSMEs.
· Working with our partners to strengthen their capacity in business development services, value network development, industry analysis and market linkages for their members.
· Gathering, analyzing and using data to prepare high-quality reports for our stakeholders and donors.
· Taking a lead in identifying, cultivating and developing new alliances and opportunities for youth entrepreneurs.
· Contributing to strategy development around entrepreneurship and market systems development.
We are looking for a candidate that ideally:
· Is Tanzanian.
· Has a master’s degree in a relevant field such as business or economics.
· Has excellent English speaking, writing and presentation skills and speaks Kiswahili fluently.
· Brings a great working relationship with private sector players relevant in this kind of programing.
· Has proven training and coaching skills (at least 2 years of experience in facilitating training).
· Has experience in developing new training programs/methodologies.
· Is dynamic, honest, curious and self-motivated with a keen interest in entrepreneurship ecosystem strengthening approach, market systems development and digitization.
· At least basic knowledge of business investment facilitation and management.
· Is service-minded, takes initiative, can work independently but also loves teamwork. Has great interpersonal skills, strong work ethics and an impeccable integrity track-record.
If you meet all the requirements, please submit your CV (max. 3 pages) and motivation letter before the deadline of July 31st. At this stage, there is no need to send references or diplomas, etc. The selection process will include an oral interview and a written test.