- The process of understanding and working with soil and rock, underground water, site and structural conditions.
- Carrying out Geotechnical investigations, Material investigations, Soil sampling and other activities.
- Working on the query areas, boring log, lead chart preparation.
- Geotechnical design and analysis of Settlement, Bearing capacity, Shallow & Deep foundation, Stress analysis, etc.
- Consult geological maps and aerial photographs to advise on site selection.
- Assist with the design of built structures, using specialized computer software or calculations.
- Oversee the progress of specific contracts.
- Plan detailed field investigations by drilling and analyzing samples of deposits/bedrock.
- Collate data and produce reports.
- Experience: 7 to 10 years of experience.
- Qualification: Geotechnical degree.
- Hydropower experience essential
- Regional experience in Africa, beneficial.
- Engineering Consultancy experience.
- Location: Tanzania, construction site based.