Managing all segments of the Hotel, including lodging/accommodation,
food and beverages management, human resources, housekeeping, gardens as
well as other guest services. They will be in charge of employees,
customer service, quality control etc.
Reports to: Managing Directors.
- Ensures the hotel is well managed and profitably run, its surroundings are neatly cleaned, secure and safe at all times.
- Keeps track of all bookings and works closely with Reservation Manager to ensure that the booing chart is well maintained and updated accordingly.
- Liaises with Managing Director regarding purchase of supplies, materials, equipment, or other resources
- Arranges for maintenance and repair of the buildings, equipment and other facilities.
- Ensures the Hotel is clean and well maintained at all times and to work closely with the MD to hire contractors to perform services, such as painting or plumbing when such services are needed.
- Ensures that all supplies, from housekeeping materials to furniture, are in good condition and in stock.
- Implements policies, processes, strategies, plans and procedures for the operation of the establishment.
- Prepares required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions by documenting organizational or operational procedures.
- Performs any other task as shall be assigned by MD from time to time.
- Ensures positive customer experiences by maintaining high-quality standards of the facility and remedying problems.
- Conduct room, kitchen, and grounds inspections to make sure that they are all up to code.
- Greet guests at arrival, create standards surveys, and find acceptable solutions to problems that may arise.
- Receive and process e-mails, letters etc.
- To keep abreast of local happenings so as to book tours or recommend activities to guests unfamiliar with the area.
- Provide basic information to guests, visitors, or clients.
- Where applicable to coordinate functions or events for guests.
- Ensures lodge is safe and secure at all times.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- To train staff, and induct new staff members or trainees.
- To maintain employee records and file reports regarding employee’s performance and effectiveness.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director to set goals for employees and organize their performance appraisal.
- To manage departments, such as housekeeping, service, security, and front office personnel.
- To schedule and lead staff meetings to regularly communicate with staff and to ensure that all departments are meeting the Lodge's standards.
- Ensures all revenues from accommodation, bar sales, laundry etc. are collected.
- Ensures Fiscal receipts are issued for every transaction.
- Monitors payroll, customer billing, and expense accounts
- Facilitate the collection of payments for goods or services.
- Prepares the Hotel plan and budget
- For avoidance of doubt, the hotel Managing Couple is not responsible for handling cash or doing purchases rather; their role is purely supervisory. The Hotel Managing Couple is also not authorized to offer complementary stay except with the prior written approval of the Managing Director.
- Able to work under pressure, flexible on working hours, able maximize the given budget.
- A University degree or a diploma in Hotel Management with at least a four years position & industry experience.
- The ideal candidates should have a high level of integrity, Strong customer and employee communication skills, self-motivated and be highly-organized. Computer literacy is a must.
- The candidate must very consolidated, well-matched, be very fluent speaking and writing at least 3 different foreign languages, must hold valid passport and be prepared to relocate abroad.