ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY!. Must Have One Year + Or MORE Experience As A Hotel Receptionist At A Respectable Established Hotel In DSM!.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Must be Fluent in English (WRITTEN and SPOKEN) as well as FULL command of the SWAHILI language.
- French is an asset
- Minimum 1 year working experience as a Hotel Front-Office Receptionist in a “PAID” Full-Time role or equivalent (Vocational / field work experience is not accepted).
- Strong working knowledge of MS-Office Suite is an asset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Basic knowledge of MS-Office Need NOT apply.
- Must have “working” experience with a PMS and hotel Keycard systems.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- High-Level Customer Service Attitude
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma; Hotel Management Diploma or Degree preferred
- Thorough entries into PMS
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the reception
- Follow strict Guest Check-in / Check-out procedures
- Daily Sales reporting with complete accuracy
- Update calendars, schedule bookings and meetings
- Answer, screen or forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email to guests
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing