KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & PERCENTAGE (%) TIME SPENT
Financials – 10%
- Digital portfolio
- Interest income
Customer – 20%
- Customer service
- Resolution of internal customer’s complaints
- Positive vendor’s relationships Business Efficiency & Controls – 60%
- Smooth running of systems and networks.
- Speed of execution and meeting deadlines
- Systems security and backups
- Effectiveness of the unit structure and systems (policies, processes, procedures and tools) in achieving compliance requirements, optimal efficiency, resource utilization and cost containment.
People – 10%
- Adequacy of personal and staff competence
- The IT Officer is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the VFP and VIB computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and applications;
- Monitor VFP networks, Servers, data, software and maintain their security;
- Provide user support, including procedural documentation;
- Manage the roll-out of new applications or major updates;
- Manage the domain, user accounts and user access;
- Manage the networks, inverters/online UPS, computers, databases, printers and other IT equipment as required;
- Ensure that backups are taken according to established VFP policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all software is current and legal (properly licensed);
- Ensure the maintenance of the Server and the daily database consolidation;
- Connect new Branches to the network and support branches with computer operations
- Ensure the CCTV systems are working properly;
- Maintain firewall configuration and website filters;
- Maintain the inventory of computer equipment up-to-date;
- Purchase and ensure effective repair and maintenance of all IT equipment and peripherals;
- Support installation and maintenance of LAN and WAN network for the transaction software
- Add new employees into the system and cancel access of former employees;
- Co-ordinate and implement network security measures;
- Ensure appropriate internet connectivity configuration;
- Manage computer hardware & software installation, troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Ensure that Anti-Virus and Windows updates systems are working properly;
- Troubleshoot systems and network problems, diagnose and solve hardware and software faults;
- Create a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude;
- Train VFP & VIB personnel to use the software or hardware required for their job;
- Completion of periodic & monthly reports for management as required.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
KEY RESULT AREAS
Perspective Measurement Dimensions
People Competence development – 75%
Customer Focus Number trainings conducted to staff
Number of systems related cases attended
Customer complaints resolutions
Business Efficiency & Controls Risk Controls adherence
Turn Around Time (TAT) in support and maintenance
Reports and meeting Deadlines
Financial Size of digital finance portfolio
- The IT Officer requires good practical knowledge of information technology systems and functions in the financial services sector and the foresight to see how the related intricate day-to-day activities link with and support the achievement of the vision and mission of the VFP.
- Strong analysis, organization and planning skills;
- Ability to work autonomously under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and software;
- In depth technical knowledge of PC hardware;
- Knowledge in database programming such as MSSQL;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, database, etc.).
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture in the department.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum five years’ experience in Information and communication technology of which three years must been spent microfinance /banking related systems.
- University degree or equivalent in computer science preferably systems engineering.
**BE SURE TO CLICK "EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS" BEFORE "APPLY NOW"**