Key operational accountabilities include:
- Work with the grower/s to monitor plant growth, soil moisture, nutrition, and health.
- Utilize scientific methods to calculate crop water requirements. Taking advantage of soil moisture monitors, satellite imagery and hyperlocal weather forecasts.
- Schedule irrigation and fertigation to meet crop requirements and allow for other farm operations activities.
- Work closely with the production team, to ensure agreed production practices and systems are delivering the desired result.
- Troubleshooting irrigation issues and conduct maintenance and repairs.
- Undertake basic preventative and scheduled maintenance of the irrigation infrastructure, plant & equipment.
- Maintaining accurate irrigation and fertigation records in-line with company protocol.
- Maintain adherence to the safe and correct storage, handling, mixing and transportation of chemicals and fertilizers ensuring attention to correct dosages.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Irrigation Manager
- Experience in irrigation coordination and management horticultural enterprise.
- Experience with subsurface drip and deep well bore pumps would be an advantage.
- Excellent time management, work scheduling and planning skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic fast-paced business.
- Mechanical aptitude that highlights experience maintaining and repairing irrigation systems.
- Sound computer literacy skills and experience with irrigation control systems and a flair for technology that enabling us to achieve smart and sustainable farming practices.
- Flexibility in hours worked to achieve operational targets.
- A sense of urgency and a can-do attitude
- A current driver’s license.
Budget: Senior level, negotiable on experience