Reports to: Senior IT Manager
The IT Service Technician will report to the Senior IT Manager and provide user support on HJFMRI-Tanzania heavy duty printer scanner copier machines. Troubleshoot reported problems or escalate for urgent attention, or advice on the appropriate cause of action.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all HJFMRI organizational standards.
- Installs all types of heavy duty printer scanner copiers and configure them on the network.
- Has to monitor all machines for quality issues.
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance of all Printers/Copiers within the Program.
- Responsible for fixing and repairing of all Program Copiers and Printers.
- Maintain detailed maintenance records of all printers/copiers.
- Assist in ordering spare parts, control parts stocking and maintains its inventory.
- Be able to recognize, research, isolate, resolve and share updates on problems.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Assist in performing routine preventive maintenance on hardware and software.
- Assist in troubleshoot minor computer problems.
- Provides at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- Respects confidentiality in discussing staff and partner organizational matters, also maintains confidentiality of HJFMRI and its project, fiscal and personnel related information.
- Reports to work regularly and on time.
- Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
Education and/or Experience:
Diploma from a two-year College or university in Information Technology or Electronics and two to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
The following computer proficiency is (are) required: Internet Explorer; Microsoft Access; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Publisher; Microsoft Word; Lotus Notes.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Must hold a technical certification in Canon Heavy duty machines.
- Experience with servicing and maintenance of copiers and multi-functional heavy-duty printers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of electronics and ability to read circuit diagrams.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts (basic math).
- Knowledge of and experience with: LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment; Internet Information Services; backup systems; network/workstation peripherals; print servers; firewalls, spam & antivirus hardware/software; Cascading Style Sheets; computer hardware (replacing hard drives, hardware drivers, etc.)
**BE SURE TO CLICK "EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS" BEFORE "APPLY NOW"**