- To perform laboratory tests adhering to the established SOP’S.
- To advise on laboratory services issues in order to ensure that they meet the needed quality health standards.
- To prepare work plan and laboratory budget in order to attain efficiency in delivering laboratory services.
- To conduct and order laboratory equipment/reagents in order to facilitate smooth running of the clinic.
- To collect and test specimen samples for various diseases as required and provide test results for patient diagnosis.
- Maintains patient confidentiality by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment for patients, and co-workers by following established standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Attending/perform any other related duties as may be assigned by superiors from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory
- At least 3 years working experience as a clinical laboratory practitioner
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Honest and trustworthy
- Ability to work flexibly including non-scheduled work hours and to tight deadlines
- Empathetic personality, self-confidence, confidentiality,
- Licensed to perform general medical duties
- General knowledge in SRH services
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in Oral and written English and Swahili