Responsibilities and duties:
- Planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns.
- Using the full marketing mix for the company’s marketing communications
- Writing copy for all marketing collateral, including brochures, letters, emails and websites.
- Understanding the product and customer profile and write thorough specs for each.
- Monitoring ongoing campaign spend against the budget, keeping accurate records and highlighting where variances occur.
- Producing an accurate summary of total spend at the end of a marketing campaign.
- Undertaking detailed ongoing analysis of marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met.
- Assisting in the production of ongoing competitor analysis and reporting, with particular reference to pricing, presentation and promotion.
- Providing support for marketing events and exhibitions as required
- Uploading marketing material to online libraries, internet groups and social media sites.
- Updating and maintaining the marketing department's documentation and databases.
- Managing events and ordering marketing materials.
Basic Requirements & Qualifications:
- Degree in Marketing would be an advantage or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a similar position.
- Previous work experience in a similar industry (not essential but an advantage).
- Sound understanding of marketing principles.
- Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign and Adobe PhotoShop
- Strong project management/organisational skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to analyse data and spot trends.
- Understanding of customer segmentation.
- Language: Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task, collaborate with a distributed team, be persistent and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Results-oriented, responsible and strong attention to detail
Interested candidates, please submit a CV and a cover letter before closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.