Reporting directly to the Workshop Manager
- Assisting the mechanical engineer with mechanical design and maintenance tasks.
- Installing and performing diagnostic tests on mechanical systems.
- Developing and implementing mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
- Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as performing repairs.
- Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Optimizing mechanical efficiency by adjusting machinery and equipment settings.
- Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations.
Mechanical Technician Requirements:
- Diploma/FTC in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of five years experience as a mechanical technician in a logistics company or related industry.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Proficiency in mechanical design and diagnostic testing software.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Workshop Manager.
- Good understanding of different type of trucks, Chines brand, Mercedes Benz, Scania, Trailers PBW.