Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
Certificate/diploma education essential in pharmacy, nursing, and / or pharmaceutical dispending
Minimum Educational Qualification
Certificate/diploma education essential in nursing, sociology
Desirable - Experience with MSF or other NGO
English, Swahili, Kirundi (fluent, oral & written) required, French will be an asset
Main competencies and knowledge
- Detail-Oriented, Works Well with a Team, Strong Customer-Service Skills, Excellent Verbal Communication Skills, Good Listener, Follows Instructions Well, Discreet, Organisational Skill. Knowledge of Drug Regulations will be added advantage
- Dispensing medication to patients according to medical prescription, ensuring the medication is labelled with the correct drug name, strength, quantity, expiry date and directions for use
- When, how long, how to store, possible side-effects and any other relevant warnings. Making sure the patient understands in order to ensure correct treatment.
- Adhering to MSF practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines
- Placing accurate and timely orders with the central stock, maintaining minimum stock levels of medicines, checking expiry dates and storage conditions
- Maintaining accurate dispensing records and regularly reporting them to his/her technical reference. Organizing and keeping clean the pharmacy, ensuring cleanliness and care in handling medicines to avoid contamination and mix-up. Maintaining dispensary equipment, ensuring it is clean, accurate and in a good state of repair.
- Maintaining the integrity and security of the dispensary by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines are stored as appropriate.
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box or send through MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Please mark the envelope with MEDICINES DISPENSER, Deadline for the submission of Applications is 4pm 08/09/2020
Only applications in English or French will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.