Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff. Emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Direct Reports: Midwife Supervisor, Midwife Activities Manager.
Position status: Full-time
Position open: Pool
Location: Nduta Camp in Kibondo District
Registration and Licensing: Must have Valid TNMC Registration
Minimum Educational Qualification: Required – Degree/Diploma in midwifery. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery.
Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs
Languages: English (fluent, oral & written). French, Swahili and Kirundi are an asset.
Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), and neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardized protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensure implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly follow up all new born babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervise that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc…
- Participate in the organization of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
All interested applicants should submit cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to:
Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box or send through
Please mark the envelope with MIDWIFE, Deadline for the submission of Applications is 2pm 19/10/2020
Only applications in English will be considered.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)