The Embassy of Switzerland in Tanzania safeguards Switzerland’s various interests. The Embassy is involved in development cooperation and is working in partnership with governmental institutions, private sector, NGOs, as well as with other national and international agencies. The goal of the Swiss Development Cooperation is sustainable poverty reduction. In Tanzania the focus of the program support is on Health, Employment & Income as well as on Governance with a budget of approx. 23 Mio. Swiss Francs per year.
In order to strengthen our Employment & Income Team, we are currently looking for a highly experienced, pro-active, dynamic, competent and creative professional to develop and manage initiatives with a focus on Innovations, Engagement with the Private Sector and Social Protection.
Job Description / Responsibility
1) The Program Officer will ensure independently the effective management programs of the Employment & Income domain of the Swiss Country Program in Tanzania with focus on Innovations, Engagement with the Private Sector and Social Protection (approx. 75%). This implies first line responsibility for all tasks related to project cycle management as well as participation in technical and policy dialogue with sector stakeholders.
2) The Program Officer will conduct in-depth analysis and monitoring of the macroeconomic context and the business environment and will provide expert advice related to Engagement with Private Sector, Public Finance Management and Economic Governance (approx. 15%).
3) The Program Officer will be in charge of global/multilateral initiatives in his/her field of responsibility, including projects related to the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank and will be responsible for managing potential cooperation with the portfolio of the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (approx. 10%).
- Master degree in Economics, MBA or related area
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the areas of (macro) economic development, business environment, economic governance - or similar experience in the private sector;
- Multiple years of proven ability of sound project management, particularly with a view to lead strategic planning, monitoring and results-based management and reporting;
- Proven experience in engaging with the private sector and in innovations for social change.
The following work experience represents a strong advantage:
- Documented experience in working on social protection, youth-related topics and gender analysis.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Tanzanian private sector, business environment and macro-economic context
- Documented strong analytical and conceptual ability
- Documented strong ability to write concise and clearly structured reports and articles
- Able to meet deadlines while remaining organized and accurate
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and social competences
- Excellent IT skills, able to work with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements are required to request the application form through our email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an assessment.
Application Deadline: 30 August 2020