To be successful as a PIPE FITTER one should have ample experience in welding and installing pipe systems according to specifications. Ultimately, a top PIPE FITTER has excellent mechanical skills and a good understanding of the requirements and precautions necessary for working with pipes conveying dangerous chemicals and liquids.
PIPE FITTER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspecting the workplace, clearing obstructions and preparing materials& equipment.
- Studying blueprints and planning pipe systems and related equipment installations.
- Using a variety of tools to modify pipes to specifications.
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading.
- Assembling and welding pipe components and systems.
- Securing pipes to walls, fixtures with brackets, clamps and related equipment.
- Ordering required materials such as pipes, hangars, brackets, hydraulic cylinders etc.
- Repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports and related equipment.
- Clearing pipe systems of obstructions & testing their functionality.
- Complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards.
- Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical systems
- Gas fitting and/or HVAC certificate preferred
- Extensive knowledge of codes
- Experience piping with cooling towers, chillers, boilers, large roof top equipment
- Experience with hydronic and refrigeration piping processes.
- Experience with VRF systems
**BE SURE TO CLICK "EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS" BEFORE "APPLY NOW"**