Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands Zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to email@example.com
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position(s) below:
Position Title: Prevention Program Management Officer (PPMO)
Reports to: Prevention and Linkage Advisor
Prevention Program Management Officer’s key responsibilities will be to carry out day-to-day activities in designing, planning and implement Key and Vulnerable Population (KVP) programs in Southern Highlands Zone of Tanzania as required. S/he will be responsible for providing technical support to community partners and HJFMRIsupported facilities in clinical care and treatment for KVP services, ensure quality management systems implementation of KVP friendly services provision, and on-site staff training and mentorship. Particular emphasis will be on PEPFAR-supported activities.
This position requires excellent experience in working with KVP programs. Ability to interact well with all KVP targeted beneficiaries, health care workers, and volunteers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, and to work with KVP regardless of their background.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide technical assistance in the designing, planning, implementation and monitoring of KVP programs.
- Ensure KVP service provision follow National KVP guidelines and standards to achieve HJFMRI/WRP-T programmatic targets.
- Monitor uptake of HTS among KVP and treatment including test-and-treat strategies.
- Identify gaps to improve KVP reach and uptake of HTS, treatment initialization, linkage to care and retention into treatment services
- Assist in designing and implementation of strategies to improve provision of comprehensive community based services among KVP including opportunistic infections, TB, STI screening, family planning and overdose management among PWUD/PWID.
- Supervise and providing technical assistance to community partners in conducting need assessment to improve retention into care and treatment among KVP.
- Assist technical regional teams for community and clinical partners to strategize and support implementing innovative approaches for index testing and social network testing
- Monitor regional supplies of KVP commodities to ensure continuous availability.
- Support technical team for community and clinical partners to improve feedback on referral from health facilities and overall strengthening of care among KVP
- Participate with community and clinical partner’s teams to implement HIVST testing and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) services to KVP clients.
- Work with the technical team to manage and revise program SOPs, tools and jobs aids for KVP according to PEPFAR guidance, National Standards and program need.
- Support in development of manuscripts, reports, abstracts and presentations to disseminate results of HJFMRI/WRP-T program.
- Monitor, evaluate and demonstrate KVP programs according to PEPFAR guidance, National Standards and HJFMRI/WRP-T program’s needs.
- Provide Technical assistance to community partners for creation of Crisis Response team and Network Forum among KVP networks.
- Prepare training and presentation for health care workers ,community partners ,peer educators on KVP programs during capacity building and mentorship according to PEPFAR guidance and National Standards
- Liaise with Law Enforcement Authorities and Local Government Authorities in creating and harmonize friendly and safe environment for KVP friendly services provision.
- Monitor and Evaluate provision of quality GBV services among KVP in the community and at the facility level.
- Liaise with the SI team to ensure that community program components on KVP are functional (e.g. clarity of indicators, quality of M&E data collection tools, data quality and reporting).
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other partners, governmental and nongovernmental, within the districts, regional and at National level
- Provide technical assistance to other HJFMRI /WRP-T programs including Clinical, Lab, Research & other projects as needed;
- Ensure quality implementation of KVP programs and achievement of results for activities within the HJFMRI/WRP-T project and within partner projects, and collaborate with other HJFMRI program staff to ensure effective teamwork;
- Participate in development of annual work plans, budgets and reports for community and outreach activities; and ensure integration of project activities into wider HJFMRI/WRP-T and partners annual plans;
- Build the capacity of the partner organizations and government technical staff to deliver high-quality of KVP programs according to PEPFAR guidance and National Standards;
- Provide on-going support through coaching, supervision visits and mentoring to partner organizations and HJFMRI/WRP staff in implementing KVP based activities;
- Document, consolidate and disseminate knowledge and information regarding best practices, lessons learned, and proven approaches in the district;
- Any other duties that will be assigned by your supervisor
- Degree in Social Sciences and behavioral sciences (e.g. public health, epidemiology, education/educational psychology, social work, nursing, etc.)or other HIV and AIDS related discipline and/or training in Public or Community Development or relevant Discipline;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in managing HIV program, particularly community outreach programs including Key and Vulnerable Populations
- Experience in managing donor funded projects;
- Experience working with NGOs, FBOs/CBOs at the community and facility level;
- Knowledge of the current developments and best practices in the field of HIV and AIDS prevention, globally and in Tanzania;
- Should be able to work under minimum supervision and able to mentor others;
- Knowledge of proposal development, budgeting and reporting with excellent writing skills;
- Good communication skills; ability to troubleshoot; ability to work independently;
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Internet, PowerPoint).
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.