Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the Zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands Zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position(s) below:
Position: Program Assistant, Clinical Services (1 Position)
Reports to: Associate Director, Clinical Services
Summary Job Purpose:
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing general administrative, logistical, and clerical support functions in order to ensure that program services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. S/he will assist the Clinical Services Department with coordinating non-training activity registrations, action tracking, handling all notetaking and record-keeping duties, including handling incoming correspondences, sorting and forwarding to the AD or Chief of Party (COP) or for distribution to the entire team. Provide general support on a variety of activities including obtaining research or documents, tracking clearances for Department documentation and letters, and providing general support across a range of activities in the Department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Organizes project files including tracking clearances and signatures on letters for Department documentation
● Supports meeting management for in-person and online meetings (invitations, confirmation of space and participants, etc.)
● Supports biometric registration of participants at non-training activities of the Department
● Obtains documents, reports, etc. as requested
● Conducts basic research activities, including review of literature, research, etc.
● Requests and controls for Department stationery and tools
● Prepares written project documents, templates, and tools
● Performs other duties as assigned
● Diploma-level certificate in Health-related field, Communications, or Social Sciences; Bachelor’s preferred
● Minimum of three (3) years of specialized (PEPFAR) work experience; work with an International NGO is preferred
● Demonstrated ability to coordinate administrative and logistical support activities
● Prior experience as a program coordinator preferred
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Working knowledge of Microsoft software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google platforms (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Calendar), and WhatsApp
● Knowledge of customer care service principles and practices
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.