Provide management, coordination and direction to the Improving Children’s Learning and Participation (ICLP III) project. This includes volunteer recruitment and management; managing human resource, implementing partners and stakeholders relationships; project deliverables; financial management, reporting and networking, Provide technical assistance and oversight of key processes related to inclusion and safeguarding, If you are passionate about making a difference for marginalised Children’s and giving them a voice, this is your job!
· Ensure ICLP project is implemented according to agreed annual, quarterly and monthly work plans and budgets; delivers against timeframes, milestones, output and outcome targets/objectives.
· Lead development of ICLP annual work plan, milestones and budget; ensure plans are reviewed and updated regularly
· Provide regular updates on project progress to Programme Manager highlighting any areas of variance with suggested corrective actions
· Lead in budget monitoring; ensuring any areas of variance are identified and communicated to Programme Manager with suggested corrective actions
· Ensure quality internal and donor reports that are in line with VSO and donor requirements are submitted to Programme Manager
· Ensure VSO’s financial and procurement procedures are adhered to by project team and partners
· Ensure ICLP quarterly SCM and internal meetings are conducted
· Maintain ICLP project files and document control procedures according to VSO policies
Monitoring and Evaluation:
· In coordination with M&E & Comm managers, ensure delivery of ICLP M&E and communications plan; including documentation of good practices and case studies for visibility and reporting
· Ensure a culture of learning and knowledge sharing between staff, volunteers and partners as well as VSO teams from other Inclusive Education projects
· Maintain and strengthen existing partnerships and develop new ones to ensure delivery of objectives; ensure application of VSO people first principles in the partnerships
· Ensure partners are engaged in project planning and review processes
· Conduct monthly support supervision visits to partners and volunteers to support the partnerships and ensure quality standards; provide on the job coaching and support as needed;
· Identify, maintain and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders to strengthen project impact; support international volunteer work permit process and sustainability after project closure
· Represent VSO at events and meetings as appropriate.
Project Team management:
· Manage, coach and motivate a high performing ICLP project team within the performance management framework, ensuring application of VSO people first principles
· Conduct monthly 1-2-1 meetings with direct reports.
· Work with recruitment specialists to plan and recruit ICLP volunteers (including JDs, CV review, technical interviews, ICO), including timely processing of volunteer work permits
· Ensure partners are engaged in volunteer recruitment
· Apply VSO people first principles in volunteer management and support
· Provide volunteers with personal support if appropriate.
· Engage volunteers in project planning and review; supporting them to identify linkages between their work and delivery of VSOs goals
· Other responsibilities as directed from time to time by your line Manager
· Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Business Administration, Education or other equivalent experience
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of managing education projects with a particular focus primary education, school managements and child centred teaching methodologies among teachers.
· Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level.
· Demonstrated success at networking and partnership development
· Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring and managing expenditure
· Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team
· Demonstrated ability at successfully monitoring and evaluating projects
· Evidence of leadership skills including handling complex situations to an effective conclusion.
· Oral and written fluency in English, with confidence in communicating to a wide range of audiences
· IT literate (Microsoft packages)
· Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
· Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure. Time management skills.
· Practical experience gained within an volunteering NGO context in Education and Youth Project
· Commitment to VSO’s work and values
· Experience and knowledge of project location