The Project Supervisor will oversee implementation of a project which has the following main outputs;
1. Through iCHF, access to affordable health care services is improved for people living in Mbeya and Songwe regions
2. Destitute families have access to health care services through iCHF and Dharura Fasta
3. Dharura Fasta is set up and implemented in all seven councils of Mbeya region
4. Lessons and best practices from the programme are shared with various stakeholders for consideration of implementation in other areas
About the Company
The Health and Insurance Management Services Organization (HIMSO), is a local Tanzanian NGO established and registered in 2012 to complement the government’s effort in providing comprehensive quality health care coverage to Tanzanians.
HIMSO aims to drive healthcare enhancement interventions as well as provide technical expertise for the development of social protection innovations, particularly for micro-health insurance institutions through Public Private Partnership.
For more on our organization, visit our website at: www.himso.or.tz
1. For iCHF
Work closely with regional and district iCHF teams in Mbeya and Songwe region to;
i. Increase penetration ratios
ii. Identify factors that hinder people from joining iCHF and resolve them
iii. Develop proposals for potential areas of improvements
2. Insuring destitute families
i. Develop mechanism to identify and fundraise for destitute families while taking into consideration existing infrastructures
ii. Work closely with relevant regional and district teams to develop sustainable strategies to fundraise for premiums for the destitute families
2. For Dharura Fasta
Dharura Fasta is HIMSO’s own micro insurance product that offers evacuation during medical emergencies from home and between health care facilities. For this component, the supervisor shall;
i. Lead initiatives to set up district offices in Mbeya
ii. Ensure Dharura Fasta is successfully implemented in Mbeya region
i. Ensure that lessons and best practices are shared with various stakeholders including the general public
ii. Be a key participant in development of proposals for expanding the project beyond Mbeya and Songwe
iii. Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant government, private business partners and individual supporters
At least a degree in micro insurance, community development, social welfare, business administration or any other relevant field.
i. Minimum three years’ professional experience as a mid-level manager
ii. Proven track record of performance management
iii. Budget management
iv. Excellent report writing skills
v. Fluency in English and Kiswahili; both verbal and written
i. Experience or knowledge of insurance especially
ii. Has worked with non-profit organizations before
What we Offer
▪ Competitive terms and conditions (attractive package) and a comprehensive health insurance policy.
▪ Independent, challenging and rewarding areas of responsibility.
▪ A team of highly committed national colleagues and international backstopping partners.
▪ Enriching and meaningful work in a dynamic organization with links to international partners.
▪ Positive and exciting work environment
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (CV and cover only, please do NOT send certificates)
by email or mail to the undersigned:
P. O. Box 2827
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date will be 17thJuly 2020.