We is looking for a highly motivated individual to raise awareness for a Sports Betting brand and focusing on building trust and credibility with external publications/influencers in the Public Relations space.
· Minimum 2 years Journalist and Public Relations experience
· Experience in Sports Journalism is an advantage
· Minimum 2 years’ experience dealing with online media and influencers
· A good knowledge of the Tanzania traditional (TV, Radio and print) and online media landscape
· Academic Certificates
· Completed Tertiary Education Advantageous
· Fluent in English and Swahili
· Independence and ability to self-manage
· Computer literate (MS Office)
· High level of attention to detail
· Willing to work Day and/or Night Shift
· Willing to work weekends and public holidays as required
· Interest in and knowledge of sports (soccer, cricket, rugby, tennis, basketball, etc) an advantage
· Responsible for delivering ongoing digital engagement campaigns in the Public Relations space, using various media, blogs and other relevant platforms to deliver buzz and engagement as well as managing any issues that arise.
· Working closely alongside the Digital Marketing Specialist and Graphic Designer to develop and implement effective PR campaigns for Meridian Bet.
· Creation of weekly press releases, distribution to the media via our PR agency, managing the results and reports on the Return on Investment (ROI)
· Negotiating for and measuring free PR with the various publications (online and traditional)
· Planning the various Charity PR events for the brand and ensuring we get good PR coverage (paid and free).
· Identifying and delivering relevant materials for media engagement, compile media briefings, pitch interview ideas and execute press engagements.
· Look for opportunities to create more positive PR for the brand.
· All other Ad Hoc duties expected.