Location: Dar es Salaam
Hours Full Time
Reporting to: Eng Harold Temu.
In this role you will be the technical specialist responsible for a range of instruments and valve products acting as a referral point to both colleagues and customers.
A key member of the Sales Team you will build close relationships with our customers in dealing with technical sales enquiries ,producing accurate and competitive quotes and being able to source solutions to meet their needs.
You will work closely with the Managing Director to build key accounts with both customers and suppliers. This includes responsibility for keeping up to date sales literature and maintaining stock levels for your products to enable the business to respond appropriately.
1. Principal Tasks and Accountabilities.
- Manage and interpret both new and existing customer requirements –to understand, anticipate and practically meet their needs.
- Offer customers a product or service that best satisfies their needs in terms of technical specifications, quality, price and delivery, for your range of products.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise and product education to new and existing customers.
- Calculate accurate and competitive sales quotations and prepare tenders, proposals, designs and technical documents to meet customer deadlines.
- Follow up quotations in a timely manner to secure profitable orders.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet both customer and business needs.
- Offer after-sales service and support to develop and grow long term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Build close relations with key suppliers in order to develop in-depth knowledge of your product range and to understand new product developments.
- Solve Customer problems I terms of technical solutions and design of custom-made products.
- Analyze costs of sales to be able to make informed pricing recommendations for core and new business opportunities, and propositions in emerging markets.
- Prepare pricing and sales reports to contribute to the overall business strategy,including use of benchmarking to gauge market levels accurately.
- Attend and actively contribute to Sales meetings to keep colleagues informed about customers and your product range.
- Attend occasional site visits and customer meetings in order to provide technical expertise for your range of products.
- Maintain appropriate level of Sales literature instruction manuals, certification booklets and evaluation reports for your products range.
- Liaising closely with members of the team to provide a technical point of reference for your range of instrumentation and valve products
- Providing mentoring support and technical training to new employees to include supervision of quotes and proposals for your product range.
Sales Co –ordination
- Receive and accurately log customer sales enquiries for your products onto our customer database.
- Take full details of any potential customer to the business and follow credit checking procedures prior to orders taken.
- Accurately enter all sales orders onto Sage and raise relevant paperwork for Accounts..Issue a customer acknowledgement and forward with a covering email and any relevant paperwork within two days.
- Raise accurate and timely purchase orders with suppliers in accordance with Company procedure .Maintain historical files for all closed purchase orders.
- Be pro active in progressing customer orders to completion and respond to customer progresss enquiries within expected timescales.
- Be pro-active in notifying customers when there is a change in delivery date or if there is any potential problem on a sales order.
- Check all supplier invoices. Sign and date each page of the Invoice after checking .Pass Invoices to the Managing Director for approval.
- Ensure that customer orders are dispatched accurately and on time.
- Working for a small SME you will be required to work collaboratively and flexibly to meet the overall needs of the business, as when required.
- Keep the sales area and your personal workspace clean and tidy. Keep files and bookshelves in proper order.
- Managing and promising day to day activities including quote ,order and invoices deadlines.
- All Colleagues at Age Technologies Tanzania Ltd.
- Customers and external suppliers
Scope of Authority.
- Undertake duties within agreed parameters.
- Observe personal duty of care in relation to use of company equipment and resources in the course of own work.
Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures times
- Take all reasonable steps to mange and promote a safe and healthy working environment which is free from discrimination.
- Comply with Client confidentiality and Data Protection, relating to information held manually or on computer systems.
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of clients and staff at all times.