The position will require shift work and reasonable overtime as determined by the requirements of the operations.
- Perform Sample Preparation tasks in accordance with documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or recognized standard reference methods.
- Report any deviation from documented procedures to the Sample Preparation Coordinator.
- Inform the Sample Preparation Coordinator of any nonconforming event related to customer samples, or other departmental operations.
- Inform the Sample Preparation Coordinator of any unsafe conditions within the department.
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including the required personal protective equipment.
- Ensure proper functioning of Sample Prep operations by:
- Monitoring the performance of the equipment.
- Ensuring adequate inventory of supplies.
- Practicing good housekeeping.
- Communicate general laboratory issues to the Sample Preparation Coordinator as appropriate.
- Some lifting is required, up to 50lbs.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years experience in Sample Preparation at a commercial laboratory or equivalent experience in a position of manual labour such as construction.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Detail orientated and ability to work very well under pressure.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Familiar with LIMS.
REPORTS TO: Sample Preparation Coordinator.
COORDINATOR OF: N/A.
SUBSTITUTIONS: Sample Preparation Coordinator.
- Quality of prepared samples
- Equipment downtime due to failure to adhere to maintenance schedules
- Any non-conformances due to failure to follow company policies and procedures
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
Quality Control and Safety Management:
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety procedures under supervision
- Adhere to Quality Control procedures under supervision
Key Performance Indicator:
- Zero workplace accidents/incidents
- Hazards identified and reported; accidents eliminated
- Adherence to housekeeping standards
- Attendance of toolbox/ safety meetings
- No. of non-conformances, customer queries or complaints due to failure to adhere to all relevant company procedures and policies regarding quality requirements
- Daily checks performed
- Perform basic function related to sample prep tasks using the LIMS system (Login
- Perform sample sorting, drying, weighing, crushing, splitting, milling, sieving and other routine procedures as instructed by coordinator
- Ensure customer expectations are met/ exceeded
- Ensure the appropriate use of laboratory materials and equipment
Key Performance Indicator:
- No delayed or missing jobs due to failure to perform routine procedure
- No. of non-conformances, customer queries or complaints due to failure to adhere to all relevant operational and quality procedures
- Meet daily production targets
- No downtime due to failure to perform first line routine maintenance, failure to report equipment breakdowns, failure to report decrease in consumables used.
- No reports of consumable wastage
BE SURE TO CLICK "EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS" BEFORE CLICKING "APPLY NOW"