- Unloading scaffolding equipment on-site
- Ensuring a stable base for scaffolding
- Erecting scaffolding poles
- Fixing scaffolding to buildings or structures
- Laying planks for workers to walk on
- Fixing guard rails and safety netting
- Dismantling scaffolding when a project is complete
- Creating different kinds of platforms, from simple scaffolding through to complex structures such as suspended scaffolding, cantilever drops and temporary roofs
- Working on-site in all weather.
Desirable skills for a scaffolder include:
- Ability to work confidently at heights
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Good level of physical fitness
- Awareness of health and safety
- Ability to understand technical drawings and plans
- Good written and verbal communication skills.