Our firm (Balakrishna Sreekumar & Co. - erstwhile known as “Tanna Sreekumar Grant Thornton”) is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry from a long time. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Our overall goal is to provide responsive, innovative services of the highest quality to our clients with our vision being “seeing beyond numbers”.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the your experience with us will be cherished lifelong.
A successful Assurance Senior will:
· Take ownership for delivery of high quality audit work
· Supervise the execution of complex parts of an audit engagement
· Demonstrate professional skepticism and compliance with Firm risk management and independence policies
· Develop self and others though seeking and offering on the job coaching and audit engagement experiences
· Build strong credibility through displaying good insight and business acumen, applying technical competence and engaging in relevant discussions with clients and engagement teams
· Develop credibility and business acumen in discussions with clients
· Develop and maintain productive working relationships with audit clients
· Direct field work and inform engagement leaders of audit engagement status
· Complete audit procedures and documentation for higher risk areas in order to broaden your technical skills (e.g. revenue, financial instruments, income taxes, VAT and other significant areas)
· Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams
To qualify, candidates must have:
· Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, finance or related field with minimum 3 years of related work experience preferably in a reputed Audit Firm.
· CPA (T) and ACCA Qualified candidates will have an added advantage.
· Knowledge of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
· Experience in execution and reporting on audits of financial statements prepared in accordance with applicable financial reporting framework in Tanzania
· Advanced written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent hand on IT Tools such as excel, word etc. required. A prior experience of Caseware audit software will have competitive advantage
· Dedication to teamwork and leadership
· Professional and trustworthy