Reporting to: Operations Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the senior management team and department directors, develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that support and integrate the organization's strategic objectives;
• Develops and implement human resource policies, programs, systems, and practices that build the infrastructure necessary to support and strengthen a diverse, collaborative,and high- performing nonprofit organization;
• Works with senior management team and departmental directors on HR issues, including team building, staff development planning, performance management, conflict resolution and managing organizational change initiatives;
• Supervises and provides consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
• Works with Worker's Compensation carrier and/or insurance broker to manage and resolve claim;
• Ensures organization-wide development of staff capacity (leadership, project management, o r g a n i z a t i o n , communication, financial, computer skills, etc.). This also involves insistence on taking HJFMRI mandatory courses and any other courses which will add value to staff in pursuit of organization mission.
• Oversees recruitment , on-boarding , retention , training and development , employee relations and separations in accordance with overall objectives of the organization and ensures compliance thereof
• Oversees performance coaching process, including professional development plans Evaluates and consistently advices on HJFMRI-Tanzania's compensation and benefits strategy to recruit and retain the best people, motivate individuals to excel at and enjoy what they do.
• Facilitates meetings, workshops , seminars, etc.(e .g. Personnel actions, regulatory requirements, actions involving outside agencies. etc.) for the purpose of identifying issues , developing recommendations and supporting other staff;
• Manage department operations, the maintenance of services and the implementation of new programs and/or processes for the purpose of providing services including established time-frames and in compliance with related requirements achieving organizational objectives , and ensuring compliance with legal ,financial and program requirements;
• Responds to written and verbal inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources (e.g. staffing, conflicts in policies and regulations, community concerns , staff and partner requests, etc.) for the purpose of identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a remediation plan;
• Oversees organization’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Develops and implement employee wellness and stress reduction programs.
• In close coordination with Contracts, Finance and Accounting team, reviews, as necessary, contracts, subcontracts ,amendments or other legally binding document s to ensure compliance supervision and Support
• Supervises HR and oversee department strategic planning, goal setting and budget;
• Ensures HR policies, programs, systems and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations;
• Participates and present in management meetings including: senior management meetings, business operations reviews, strategic planning sessions and employee forums;
• Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g. administrators , auditors, public agencies, community members, etc ) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs;
• Monitors a variety of processes (e.g. posting process, interview schedules, substitute placement, certified and classified placements , personnel transfers ,new employee orientation, departmental procedures, position control, terminal benefit claims, etc. ) for the purpose of ensuring efficient processing of applicants and employees in addressing position requirements and complying with licensing,legal and/or administrative requirements;
• Participates in meetings, workshops , job fairs and seminars for the purpose of conveying and gathering information regarding a wide variety of subjects required to carry out their administrative responsibilities;
• Recommends policies. procedures and/or actions for the purpose of providing direction for meeting the HJFMRI-Tanzania's goals and objectives .
• Responds to written and verbal inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources (e.g. staffing, conflicts in policies and regulations, community concerns , staff and partner requests etc.) for the purpose of identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a remediation plan;
• Develops and monitor annual departmental budget, goals and objectives and annual operational/ work plan for HR team;
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of HR related transactions;
Able to travel up to 20% to other HJFMRI-Tanzania work sites in Rukwa , Dar and Katavi.
Required Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
• A minimum of 10+ years of human resource experience in a diverse, high-growth non-profit organizations with at least 7 years progressive management level experience
• Master’s Degree or equivalent, in Human Resources Management and/or Public Administration, (or bachelor’s degree in related field with equivalent HR experience);
• Knowledge of Tanzania labor laws and USG regulations related to labor and Wages, Health and Welfare programs,and wellness programs;
• HR expertise with proficiency in multiple disciplines within HR.
• Strong organizational development, change management, and consultative skills.
• Excellent communication, facilitation skills and impeccable sense of confidentiality.
• Ability to show initiative by tackling complex , enterprise-wide issues
• Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement creative HR solutions that drive organizational results
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and balance dynamic personalities
• Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management;
• Knowledge of human resource and project management principles and practices;
• Fluent in both spoken and written English.
• Ability to provide all services with full professional integrity, avoiding all fraudulent and unethical conduct.
**BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU BEGIN THE ASSESSMENT FOR THERE IS NEITHER REPEATING NOR RE-APPLYING**
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.