Reports to: Operations Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of procurement activities for Organization-Tanzania offices in Mbeya, Songwe, Dar, Rukwa, Katavi and Ruvuma.
- Develop Procurement Plan and manage its execution
- Establish and maintain procurement strategies and processes to support decisions necessary to purchase goods, services, and works in congruence with organizational objectives.
- Manages the process of vendor selection, sole source determination, and quotation analysis to assure that all procurement is timely and compliant with the policies and procedures of Organization-Tanzania
- Administer all procurement activities, including selecting sources of supply, review of purchase orders, and managing relationships with suppliers and negotiating terms of contracts in collaboration with contract and grants department.
- Responsible for departmental administrative issues such as formulation, maintenance, and revision of procurement policies, procedures and practices as required.
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises and reviews work of staff responsible for procurement including technical and specialized procurement of supplies, equipment and services
- To liaise and seek approvals from HQ on matters related to procurement and ensures that clearance has been provided as required prior to procurement actions over $10,000.
- Technically manage the procurement team including recruitment, team building and disciplinary action where necessary and conducting appraisals.
- Embrace & pro-actively practice the company’s Core Values and adhere to company’s Code of Conduct.
- In collaboration with the procurement and user departments, conduct performance reviews with the suppliers, measuring against required performance standards and market prices of various material procured by Organization-Tanzania
- Manages inventory of assets in collaboration with the finance and laboratory department and in accordance with Organization-Tanzania and Organization regulations
- Represents department at various meetings with administration, program, vendors, professional organizations, and other groups. Develops and delivers speeches, presentations, and training as required. Corresponds with the same groups.
- Ensure all procurement activities adhere to established organization’s policies and procedures, and where necessary ensuring that organization is in compliance with all government procurement-related requirements
- Manage implementation, monitoring, evaluation of new initiatives, policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely vehicle maintenance and repairs, analyzes program costs and provide recommendations on efficient fleet utilization and replacement;
- Manage disposal of obsolete assets in compliance with Organization Assets Disposal Policy;
- Perform costs benefit analysis on buying versus leasing option and advise Program Management on the best economic approach
- Establish, enhance, and facilitate professional relationships with Program Directors, vendors, and counterparts in the GoT.
- Conduct special management reviews and/or follow-up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of office procedures and practices related to logistics.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals.
- To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by senior management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelors in Procurement or Business Management and Masters degree, with multiple skills.
- CPSP or CIPS qualified
- Minimum 7 years previous experience with an international NGO preferred
- 5 years managerial experience
- High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
- Management and coordination of Procurement activities
- Mentoring new starters, providing &on the job's training to existing team members, and ensuring that the team are satisfactorily supported in their day to day work activities
- Ability to multi-task
- Meticulous and resourceful
- Excellent oral and written English
- Good interpersonal skills
- A good team player
- Customer service oriented
- Highly organized and a strong negotiator
- No Criminal record.