The Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania
APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector(Self-Sustaining) in Tanzania over the years APHFTA engaged the Private Health sector and Public Health
Facilities in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children(MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of Health Sector Strategic Plan, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is currently implementing a three years PERFPAR Funded USAID’s contract under USAID Tohara Salama Project which is implemented in five regions of Tanzania. These regions are Tabora, Morogoro, Singida, Iringa and Njombe.
To ensure that APHFTA effectively and efficiently achieve the objectives of the USAID Tohara Salama project, APHFTA is now looking for a motivated and well experienced candidate to join a
strong and creative team in the organization in the position of: Store Officers ( 1 Morogoro and 1 Tabora) These positions will be based in Morogoro and Tabora on an open ended contract basis, these positions will involve significant travel to support the other regions within the Zone. Morogoro’s Store Officer will also support Iringa and Njombe regions while Tabora’s Store Officer will also support Singida region.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsible for receiving, recording, issuing and safe custody of the project inventories.
- Ensure there is adequate record keeping for proper inventory management and manage all documentation to maintain inventory control.
- Responsible for verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase order, delivery note and ensure agreed quantity has been received.
- Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
- Record all invoices for the good/services received in the store ledger book before the invoices have been shared to finance for processing.
- Inspect deliveries for damages or discrepancies reporting those to accounting for record keeping.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items
- Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the Inventory/Materials Management System.
- Ensure accurate distribution of the inventories and equipment to the static sites, outreach sites and others as may be approved.
- Responsible for the day to day check on the storage facilities of upkeep and hygiene.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Ensure there is an update shelves life records for all Pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies to avoid expiring of the inventories before being consumed.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
- Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A Degree, Higher Diploma or Diploma in Store Keeping, Logistics, Supplies and Material Management.
- Knowledge of proper book-keeping and inventory management
- 2+ years of experience in store keeping inventory control or record keeping
- Working on the USAID Funded projects and hand on experience of work with GHSC-PSM system will be added advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria of these roles, please submit your application letter with a detailed CV stating your current position, academic qualifications and skills; E-mail and telephone contacts, including names and contacts of 3 referees. The expression of interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically.
APHFTA is an equal opportunity employer, Women are encouraged to apply.
To be considered your application must be received by October 23rd, 2020 at 18:00 EAT addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania
Plot No. 1, Lumumba/Makamba street
P.O. Box 13234,
Dar es Salaam,Tanzania
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.